- Produced by Carolyn Arends
- 11 Arends originals, plus a cover of T Bone Burnett’s “River of Love”
- Part of the LIVING ROOM SERIES collection of unplugged albums
- Features the Carolyn Arends Trio (Spencer Capier, Spencer Welch) as well as Randall Stoll on percussion
- Steve Bell guests on “It Has to Be You”
- Juno nominated
- Earned Carolyn “Songwriter of the Year” at the West Coast Music Awards
A 12-song gem featuring not only her best songwriting to date but also one of the finest acoustic trios in the business … one of the very best Christian records of the year. – Mark Moring, Christianity Today
Carolyn Arends — vocals, guitars, harmony vocals.
Spencer Capier — violin, mandolin, bazouki, hammered (pencil) bazouki, additonal guitars, harmony vocals.
Spencer Welch — piano, accordion, Wurlitzer, harmony vocals.
Randall Stoll — percussion.
With very special guest Steve Bell — mandolin and additional guitar on “It Has To Be You.”
Thanks to Roy Salmond for many of the original arrangement ideas on “Loving You,” to Glenn McRae of Long & McQuade Winnipeg, for the generous use of his Martin guitar, and to John at Fabricare Cleaners for the Martin Luther King, Jr. quote that inspired “Only Love.”
Carolyn thanks: Steve Bell, Dave Zeglinski, Art Pearson and everyone at Signpost… I love how you do things. Troy, Vince and Sarah at vanlierewilcox. Vicki Jennette (the adventure has just begun!) and the pray-ers. Rose Capanna. Joan Slonecker. O’Neil Hagaman. Peermusic. Spencer Capier. Spencer Welch. Randall Stoll. Paul Baker. Dave Hayes. Connie Harrington. Brad Crisler. Roy Salmond. BMBC. Kristen Andrews. Tony Nardella. Brian Kauste.
Thanks as always to my family and friends. All my love to Mark and Benjamin — you make the journey so sweet. And to Bethany, our amazing new little Traveler, welcome to our world. The God who made you is good indeed.